Monday, 1 May 2017

Iron-board Cover - A class at the Sewing Studio

It is not the first time that I sew a cover for my iron board, and each time I wonder why I did not do it earlier. It is such a easy project and it is so rewarding when the iron board look nice and neat.

This time I have chosen Rifle Paper Co, City Maps canvas. I really like this print with all the different cities. It is a canvas and I like the stifness of it.


I like my board to be bouncy so I put two layers of batting, secured them to the top with a zigzag stitch.


The edge is finished with a double fold bias tape and an elastic tighten to fit the shape of the board. And voilĂ , ready for laundry day!


Don’t you think a pretty cover makes ironing a bit more bearable?
You can join me on May 5th, at 10:00 at The Sewing Studio in Maitland to learn how to make this cover. To register, just follow this link.

I will give the same class at my home on June 15, 10am to 3pm. Leave me a comment shall you want more details.

1 comment:

  1. That looks really great! I got a new ironing board for Christmas so mine still looks good but you are definitely an inspiration for the future!

    ReplyDelete